Crunchyroll is a premium streaming service that comprises only anime content. It has the largest anime library with more than 1000+ anime shows. This anime service is available as an app on Play Store and App Store. Before installing the app, make sure to get a subscription plan to Crunchyroll. The premium version of Crunchyroll has several benefits, such as ad-free streaming, offline viewing, etc. Crunchyroll can be installed on various streaming devices, including Apple TV. You can directly download the app on Apple TV from the App Store. Crunchyroll is an AirPlay-supported app. So, you can also cast the app to Apple TV.
Crunchyroll Subscription Plans
Crunchyroll offers three types of premium plans. It also offers a 14-day free trial to the users. You can also cancel the Crunchyroll subscription anytime.
- This plan gives you access to the whole library, including the Manga at just $7.99 per month.
- Also, you can enjoy new episodes of the series within just an hour after its stream in Japan.
- However, this service gives you access to only one device at a time.
- The Megafan plan costs you $9.99 per month (or $99.99 per year) and lets you stream on four devices at once.
- Megafans get discounts on the Crunchyroll Anime Merchandise store and priority on Crunchyroll events.
- Also, you can download anime episodes to stream them offline.
- The Ultimate Fan subscription plan is $14.99 per month and lets you stream on six devices at once.
- Ultimate fans get more discounts on the Crunchyroll Anime Merchandise store.
- Also, you get an annual swag bag and exclusive figurines with an Ultimate fan subscription.
How to Install Crunchyroll on Apple TV
1. Power On your Apple TV and ensure to pair the Apple TV remote.
2. Go to the App Store on your Apple TV.
2. In the App Store, search for the Crunchyroll application.
3. It displays a list of apps. Select Crunchyroll and click the Get icon.
4. Wait for the app to install on Apple TV.
5. After installation, click the Open icon to launch the app on your Apple TV.
How to Activate Crunchyroll on Apple TV
1. Launch the Crunchyroll app on your Apple TV.
2. An activation code will be displayed on the screen.
3. Note down the code and visit the website https://www.crunchyroll.com/activate on a browser.
4. Enter your account credentials to sign in.
5. Now, enter the activation code on the box and tap Link Device to activate the Crunchyroll app on your Apple TV.
6. Once activated, play any anime content and watch it on your Apple TV.
How to AirPlay Crunchyroll on Apple TV [iPhone/iPad]
If your Apple is older and probably doesn’t support downloading apps, it’s hard to add the Crunchyroll app. If that is the case, then this method will help. You can use the AirPlay feature to cast the app from your iPhone or iPad on your TV. Check that you have the following ready before starting the casting.
- Strong Wi-Fi connection
- Crunchyroll account
- Crunchyroll iOS app
- Initially, connect the Apple TV and iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network.
1. Go to the App Store and install the Crunchyroll app on your iOS device.
2. After installation, open the app and sign in to your account.
3. Select any content on the Crunchyroll app and click the Airplay icon at the bottom.
4. Then, select your Apple TV to cast the Crunchyroll content to Apple TV.
5. Now, enjoy streaming your favorite anime content on a big screen.
Crunchyroll Installation Guides:
In addition to tvOS, you can also install Crunchyroll on various devices given below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can install the Crunchyroll app from the App Store on your tvOS.
• If you have not connected the iOS device and Apple TV to the same Wi-Fi, you can’t AirPlay the content. Connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
• If the Wi-Fi is properly connected, update the Crunchyroll app to the latest version.
Yes. You need to get a Crunchyroll premium membership to stream the content on tvOS.
Funimation is a lot more affordable in comparison to Crunchyroll and has better English dubs. However, Crunchyroll has a bigger library with popular series.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Create Tab Groups on Safari Browser
- How to Change the Homepage in Firefox
- How to Enable Cookies in Firefox Browser
- How to Change Download Location in Google Chrome
- How to Install Brave on Linux [All Distros]
- How to Remove Yahoo Search from Safari [Mac]
- How to Translate WebPages in Safari Browser
- How to Change Homepage in Safari Browser
- How to Set Brave as Default Browser [PC & Smartphone]
- How to Open Incognito Mode in Safari Browser