- Apple TV provides an option to turn off Siri and its Location Services in the Settings menu.
- To turn off Siri: Go to Settings → Select General → Click on Siri to turn it off.
- To turn off Location Services: Go to Settings → Select General → Select Privacy → Go to Location Services → Select Siri → Select While Using the App or Never.
Apple TV is one of the most advanced streaming devices in the market, with various features and accessibilities. One of the most popular features is Siri, the Apple Voice Assistant, which you can use to perform several functions on the Apple TV. However, if you don’t want Siri on your Apple TV, you can easily turn it off on Settings.
Apart from the voice assistants, you can also turn off the Location Services on the Apple TV. In this guide, I will show how to completely turn off the Siri voice assistant and its location-based service on all models of Apple TV.
How to Turn Off Siri on Apple TV 4K & HD
You can disable Siri on any model of the Apple TV using the steps below.
1. Turn on your Apple TV and go to Settings.
2. Choose the General Settings option.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
3. Click on Siri, and it will turn it off.
4. The Siri voice assistant will now be disabled on Apple TVs. If you have changed your mind, click on the Siri option to turn it on again.
How to Turn Off Siri’s Location Services
You will always get location-based search results or suggestions while using the Apple TV. It is because Siri can access your location. If you don’t want the location services, you can turn it off anytime.
1. Begin from your Apple TV home screen.
2. Click on the Settings menu and choose the General option.
3. Select the Privacy option.
4. Access Location Services and you can turn it off. You can also turn off the location services only for Siri.
5. Choose the Siri option.
6. You can either choose While Using the App option or Never.
7. If you choose Never, it will permanently keep Siri from getting your location information.
How to Delete Siri History
If you wish to delete the Siri history on Apple TVs, you can use the steps below.
1. From the Apple TV home screen, click on the Settings app.
2. Under Settings, choose the General option.
3. Now, choose the Siri History option.
4. Then click on Delete Siri & Dictation History.
How to Turn VoiceOver Off on Apple TV
Apple TV 4K, Apple TV HD, and Apple TV 3rd Generation that works with tvOS 4.2 or later will always have the Voice Over function. This function will help visually challenged people by reading texts and icons on the screen. Siri does the reading, and if you don’t want Siri to read everything on your TV screen, you should turn off VoiceOver on Apple TV.
On Apple TV 4K and Apple TV HD
1. Open the Settings app and choose Accessibility.
2. Select VoiceOver.
3. Click on the VoiceOver option to turn it off.
Tip: Or press and hold the Siri button on your remote and say, “Turn VoiceOver Off.” Then, just press the Menu button or the Back button thrice to complete it.
On Apple TV 3rd Generation
1. Go to the main menu by continuously pressing the Menu button.
2. Press the Down button once and press the right repeatedly to highlight the Settings option.
3. Press the Select button twice and the Down button continuously.
4. To highlight Accessibility, press the Up button four times.
5. Then again, press Select twice to turn on the VoiceOver feature.
No. The Siri function on Apple TV is not listening to all the time. The software simply responds to your voice command and won’t respond.
If there is any malfunction with the Apple TV, Siri will not work correctly. You can simply restart the Apple TV to get it fixed. Also, ensure that Siri on Apple TV is functioning in your country or region.
Though Siri wouldn’t respond to all your comments on TV, you can use Siri to perform various functions like turning the TV off, opening apps, searching, controlling volume, fast-forwarding, repeating, etc., while it is turned on.
Yes, you can disable the Listen for “Hey Siri”, Raise to Speak, and Press Digital Crown on Settings to turn off Siri on Apple Watch.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.