Plex is a streaming app that comprises 250+ live TV channels and 5000+ on-demand movies & TV series. You can also link the Plex app to your Plex Media Server and can access the media files on the app. Plex is compatible with all types of Chromecast devices. If you are a Chromecast user, you can cast the Plex content on your Chromecast-connected TV from the app or website.
How to Chromecast Plex from Android Phone / iPhone
2. Launch the Plex app and log in to your account.
3. Tap the Cast icon displayed at the top of the home screen.
4. From the list of available devices, choose your Chromecast device.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
5. Now, your smartphone screen will be displayed on your TV.
6. Play your desired content on the Plex mobile app and stream it on your Chromecast-connected TV or Chromecast built-in TV.
How to Cast Plex on Chromecast-connected TV from a PC
You can cast the Plex website on Chromecast-connected TV in two different ways.
Using Google Chrome
1. Open the Chrome browser on your PC and visit the Plex official website.
2. Enter your login details to finish the sign-in process.
3. Click the three-dotted icon on the top right of the browser.
4. Select the Cast option and choose your Chromecast device from the list.
5. Tap on Sources and click the Cast Tab option. Now, the entire Plex tab will be cast to your TV.
6. Play any movie on the Plex website and enjoy streaming it on your TV.
Using Microsoft Edge
1. Open the Microsoft Edge browser on your PC and visit the Plex website (https://www.plex.tv/).
2. Click the Sign In option and log in to your account using the required credentials.
3. Tap the three-horizontal dotted icon on the top right corner of the browser.
4. Hit More Tools and select the “Cast media to device” option.
5. Pick out your Chromecast device from the pop-up menu to cast the website.
6. Once done, play any content on the Plex website and stream it on your Chromecast-connected TV.
How to Fix Plex Not Working on Chromecast
If you are unable to cast the Plex content on your Chromecast-connected TV, refer to the steps below to fix it.
- First, check whether the casting device and Chromecast are under the same WiFi.
- Disconnect and reconnect the Chromecast device on your TV.
- Update your Chromecast.
- Restart your Chromecast.
- Check whether your Plex subscription is active or not.
- Update the Plex app to the latest version.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Plex app on your casting device.
- Finally, reset the Chromecast device to solve the not working issue.
Plex Pass: Plans & Pricing
Plex offers three different subscription plans for streaming. Pick out the plan that suits you from the following table.
Yes. Plex is a Chromecast-compatible app.
You can get Plex on your Google TV from the Play Store.
Yes. Plex is free to use with ads.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.