ESPN is a US-based sports channel that lets you stream live sports, match highlights, analysis, and on-demand news. In this article, we will show you how to install ESPN on Roku connected TV devices. By installing ESPN on Roku, you can stream popular sporting events like College Football, NFL, NBA, MLB, UEFA Euro, MLS, US Open, Australian Open, Wimbledon and much more. Read further and know to install this app on Roku.
Related: How to watch Netflix on Roku?
How to install ESPN on Roku?
You can download the ESPN App directly from the Roku Channel Store. Follow the same procedure that you used to install other apps on Roku. Before installing ESPN, you need to create a free account by visiting the official website of ESPN.
#1: Connect your Roku device to the TV.
#2: With the help of your Roku remote, navigate to Search menu.
#3: Type ESPN and hit the search icon.
#4: Select the ESPN app and tap Add Channel.
#5: Enter your Roku PIN and tap Add Channel. Skip this step if you haven’t set any PIN to avoid the unwanted purchases or channel additions.
#6: Within a few minutes, the ESPN app will be installed on your Roku.
#7: Tap Go To Channel to launch the ESPN app.
#8: Tap Log In and enter the ESPN login credentials.
How to activate ESPN on Roku?
After installation, you can access all ESPN content without any hassle. But you need to authenticate your TV subscription or ESPN+ service to watch certain videos & live TV.
To activate Pay TV Service:
- Select Provider Account -> Watch Live TV -> Activate Live TV.
- Note down the activation code that appeared on the screen.
- Now, visit https://espn.com/activate on the device where you logged in your ESPN account.
- Enter the activation code that appeared on the Roku screen.
- Tap Submit and wait for few seconds.
- On the next screen, select your TV provider and enter their login credentials.
To activate ESPN+:
ESPN+ is a premium version of ESPN and it lets you access thousands of additional live events and premium on-demand media including MLS games, international sports, exclusive new ESPN shows and much more. Visit here to purchase the ESPN premium subscription for your account.
- Log In to your ESPN account.
- Visit https://es.pn/roku on your PC/mobile browser.
- Enter the code displayed on the TV.
- Tap Continue and Roku screen will be refreshed automatically to display the ESPN Channels.
Related: How to watch BBC iPlayer of Roku?
How to avoid Geo-restrictions?
The media in ESPN are restricted in certain parts of the world. You can avoid those geo-restrictions by using the VPN (virtual private network) service. It encrypts your online activities and hides your original IP from the ISPs, Government agencies, and copyright holders. We recommend you to use CyberGhost to bypass the restrictions made by ESPN. You can also use other Roku VPNs to bypass those geo-blocks.
This is how you can install and activate ESPN App on Roku. Use a VPN to avoid geo-restriction problems. Now, you can access plenty of features like Live Sports TV, Live sports scores, Highlights of sports events, Schedules, and Archives. Thank you for visiting Techfollows.com. For further queries and feedback, feel free to leave a comment below.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Watch Zwift on Roku Using Smartphone & PC
- How Useful Are Udacity Nano Degrees for Online Marketers
- How to Install and Activate AMC on Roku
- How to Register Firestick with your Amazon Account
- How to Install and Watch Boomerang on Roku
- How to Watch Facebook Videos on Roku
- How to Control Apple TV with Android Device 
- How to Chromecast Whatsapp Video Calls 
- How to Add and Listen to Amazon Music on Roku
- How to Get Discovery Plus App on Firestick 
Apps4 months ago
How to Install Spectrum TV App on Firestick/Fire TV
How to2 years ago
How to Install IPTV on LG Smart TV 
IPTV3 months ago
Best IPTV Player for Windows PC/Laptop [January 2021]
FireStick1 year ago
How to Install Xfinity Stream on Firestick 
Android8 months ago
Best IPTV Players for Android [January 2021]
How to9 months ago
How to Install and Setup IPTV for Roku 
Android8 months ago
How to Cast to Firestick using Android and Windows
How to9 months ago
How to Jailbreak Roku in 5 Minutes