- To Get Philo on Samsung TV: Turn on your TV → Move to Apps → Click the Search icon → Look for the Philo app→ Select the app → Install → Launch the app → Activate → Done.
Are you looking for an affordable streaming service to watch live channels on your Samsung TV? Try Philo, as it is natively available on SmartHub of Samsung TV models released in 2017 & later. On older models, you can use the SmartThings app to screen mirror the Philo content on your TV.
With the Philo app on your Samsung TV, you can watch 70+ live channels, including 75,000+ VOD content of various genres. Since Philo comes with unlimited DVR support, you can record and save the programs to watch them offline.
Here, we have explained all the necessary steps to install and activate the Philo app on Samsung Smart TVs. We have also mentioned solutions to try out when the Philo app fails to work on your Smart TV.
How to Install Philo on Samsung Smart TV
Before installing the Philo app on your TV, visit its official website and sign up for its subscription plan of $25 / month to watch the channels. The service also offers a 7-day free trial to test the features.
1. Turn on your Samsung TV and go to the home screen of your Samsung TV.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
2. Next, click on the Apps tile in the bottom left corner of the screen.
3. Select the Search icon and browse for the Philo app.
4. Choose the app from the results and click Install to get Philo on your TV.
How to Activate & Watch Philo on Samsung TV
After installing the app, you need to activate it with your Philo user account to access its premium library on the TV.
1. Open the Philo app on your TV.
2. Click the Sign in button to get the activation code on your TV screen.
3. Now, open a web browser on your smartphone or PC and visit the activation page [https://www.philo.com/go/activate] of Philo.
4. On the website, enter the activation code you saw on your TV and hit the Get Started button.
5. Then, enter the login details on the website and finish the activation process.
6. Now, the Philo app will display the live channel on your TV.
How to Cast Philo to Samsung Smart TV Using SmartThings App
If you’re using a Samsung TV model that does not support the Philo app, you can use the SmartThings app on your smartphone to cast the app on your TV.
3. Now, open the SmartThings app and log in with your Samsung TV account.
4. Next, connect your smartphone and your Samsung TV to the same WiFi network.
5. On the SmartThings app, select the + icon on the screen.
6. Click the Add Device option and choose your Samsung TV from the list.
7. Now, enter the PIN displayed on your TV and sync the SmartThings app to your Samsung TV.
8. After syncing, tap on the three dots option and select the Mirror Screen (Smart View) option.
9. The mobile screen will now appear on the TV screen.
10. Launch the Philo app and enjoy mirroring the live channels on your Samsung TV.
Use Streaming Services to Watch Philo on Samsung TV
If you can’t access Phlio content on your Samsung TV with both methods, you can connect and use the streaming devices that officially support the Philo app.
- Apple TV
How to Fix Philo Not Working on Samsung TV
Sometimes, you may experience some inconvenience while streaming via the Philo app. This might happen because of any technical glitch, internet problems, or due to an outdated app version. If your Philo app is not working on your Samsung TV, fix the issue immediately with the following solutions.
|Philo Not loading
|◘Restart your Samsung TV
◘Reboot your Philo app
|The Philo App not opening
|◘Update your Philo app
◘Clear Cache files on your Samsung TV
◘Restart the Philo app
◘Update your Samsung TV
|◘Check for Philo Server Status using Downdetector
◘Check your internet connection
◘Restart your WiFi router
◘Restart your Samsung TV
|Philo Content not displaying
|◘Check whether your subscription is active
◘Reboot the Philo app
◘Restart your Samsung TV
◘Reset Samsung TV
Yes, you can install the Philo app on your TV using the App Store.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.