- To Open the Secret Menu using Remote: Turn Off Samsung TV → Press Mute → 1 → 8 → 2 → Power button on remote → Access Secret menu.
- To Open the Secret Menu Without Remote: Power off your Samsung TV → Press the square button or joystick button on the TV Panel→ Access Secret menu.
- To Access the Secret Menu using Keyboard: Turn on Samsung TV → Use the button combinations to open the secret menu → Access the Secret menu.
The Secret Menu or Service Menu is a hidden menu that allows you to modify the settings on your Samsung TV. I once used the secret menu of my Samsung Smart TV to fix the Bluetooth issue on my TV by enabling BT support in the service menu. There are many other advanced settings that you can access in the secret menu, like TV mode, Hotel mode, White balance adjustment, and more.
Moreover, you can also perform screen tests and screen calibration tests, fetch the details of your TV, control the signal and the sound levels, factory reset your Samsung TV, etc. If you would like to access the secret menu on your Samsung TV to modify any settings, then read this article and learn the different ways to access the secret or service menu of your TV.
How to Open the Secret Menu on Samsung TV With Remote
Accessing the secret menu on your TV is easier through the remote. Ensure the Samsung TV is turned Off before moving into the steps below.
1. Grab your Samsung TV remote.
2. Press the following buttons using the remote in the same order: Mute → 1 → 8 → 2 → Power button.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
FYI: For some Samsung TVs, you need to press the Info→Settings→ Mute → Power button to access the secret menu.
4. The secret menu will be opened, and you can change any settings on the menu.
How to Unlock Secret Menu on Samsung TV Without Remote
If your Samsung TV remote doesn’t work or if it is damaged, you can use the buttons present on the back of your Samsung TV panel to access the service menu.
1. Power Off your Samsung TV by pressing the power button on the TV.
2. Locate the square button (joystick button) at the back of your TV.
3. Press the button at the back; your Samsung TV will turn on, and the service menu screen will appear on the TV.
4. Navigate through the service menu using the volume button of your TV and change your desired settings.
How to Access Secret Menu on Samsung Smart TV Using Keyboard
A Keyboard is a useful tool that can make the navigation process on your TV easier. Get a wireless keyboard and connect it to your TV. Then, follow the steps below to access the secret menu on your TV.
1. Turn on your Samsung TV by pressing the Power button.
2. Use any of the following button combinations to open the secret menu on your TV.
- Display → Menu → Mute → On/Off buttons
- Info → Menu → Mute → On/Off buttons
- Sleep→ P.STD → Mute → Power
- Menu → 1 → 1 → 9 buttons
- Display→ P.STD → Mute → On/Off buttons
3. After pressing the buttons, you will see the secret menu appear on the TV screen.
4. Navigate through the menu using the remote and make the necessary changes that you want to make.
Options Available on Samsung TV Secret Menu
If you are wondering what is present inside the secret or service menu of Samsung TVs, here is what you can find in them.
- The TV model and the date of purchase details
- TV base model
- WIFI region
- HDCP support
- The port standards of HDMI
- Digital tuner manufacturer
- Wall Mount information
- TV modes
- Hotel mode
Yes, you can turn on the BT support in the service menu to enable Bluetooth on Samsung TV.
Yes, By using the buttons on the TV panel, you can access the Samsung TV’s hidden service menu without a remote.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.