Is your Samsung TV not turning on out of nowhere? Don’t worry; it is most common for every electronic device to encounter technical issues sometimes. Likewise, the Samsung TV mechanism also faces powering-up problems occasionally and does not turn On. We understand that this can be frustrating, especially when you are looking to watch your favorite movie on your TV.
However, this doesn’t mean that you need to rip your TV off and fix the issue. Most of the time, TV powering issues can be fixed just by performing simple solutions on your TV based on the potential causes. In this guide, we will walk you through those working troubleshooting methods to turn your TV back on.
Possible Caused for the Problem of Samsung TV Not Turning On
Your Samsung TV may not be turning on because of different reasons. Here we have listed out the major reasons you should know before going into the fixing process.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
- A software glitch occurred while turning on the TV.
- Samsung TV receiving improper power supply.
- Your TV remote may not be compatible or paired with your TV.
- The device connected to the wrong input source.
- A damaged cable or an unsupported device is used.
- Any of the TV hardware parts stopped working.
Fixes for Samsung TV Not Turning On Issue
Follow the below troubleshooting methods one after one to turn your Samsung TV on.
Check Power Supply
Is the TV not turning on, not even a standby (no red light) mode after restarting? Make sure your TV is receiving the proper supply from the power wall. Use a different power port to connect the power cord and turn on your Samsung TV.
You can also use the Surge protector to connect your TV if it is not working with the wall port. Still nothing? Use the power indicator to check the power voltage of your house. If it is a power supply issue, you need to seek help from the electrician to fix the problem of the Samsung TV not turning on the issue.
Change Input Source
If the TV’s somehow working with a black screen then you have connected your TV with the wrong input source. For example, you may have enabled the HDMI 1 port on your Samsung TV, and you may have connected your device to the HDMI 2 port. In such cases, you may get the result as a black screen error.
If you don’t have any idea about the currently active input, you can check the port number near the port option on your TV. Now, you connect your TV to the same INPUT source to fix the wrong input source issue. Connect your set-top box device to a Samsung TV using a different HDMI port to resolve the issue of the Samsung TV not turning On.
Change HDMI Cable/Device
Another possible reason for the malfunction of the Samsung TV is an unsupported device or faulty cable. Find out the issue using the following below.
- Use a different HDMI cable to connect the device (Set-up box) to Samsung TV.
- Connect any other device to your Samsung TV and check if your TV is working or not.
If the issue still persists, move on to the next solution to find out the exact solution for Samsung TV not turning on.
Check the Condition of the Remote
If you can’t see any actions on the TV, even if you press any buttons on the remote or your Samsung TV not turning on with your remote? If so, it’s time to change the battery of the remote. This may also be one of the reasons for the Samsung TV not turning on issue.
1. Fetch your Samsung TV remote and turn it back.
2. Remove the cap from the battery compartment.
3. Now, take off the old expired batteries and replace them with new batteries.
4. Close the battery compartment with the cap and point the remote towards the TV.
5. Now, press the Power button on the remote to turn on the TV.
6. Once the TV has turned on, you have fixed the problem of the Samsung TV not turning on.
If still, your TV is restricted from turning On, then reset your Samsung TV remote.
Check the AC Plug Panel Mount
If your TV is receiving a high or oscillating power supply continuously, you will be indicated through the blinking Standby light or Red light on your TV. If you don’t fix this issue soon, it will make the power supply board inoperative and lead to the Samsung TV not turning on issue. Sometimes, if the board is damaged fully, the red light on the TV will not turn On. To check the issue on your TV,
1. Disconnect the power cable of your Samsung TV from the cord.
2. Now, place your TV on a soft surface and remove the back cover.
3. You can find the 2-Pin AC Plug Panel Mount on the power board.
If you find any damaged parts like bulge capacitors or burn marks on the power board, replace the damaged parts and start using the Samsung TV again without any issues.
If the standby LED or Red light on your TV is turned On and you are not able to see the pictures on your TV screen, then you need to check for the backlight malfunction to solve the issue of the Samsung TV not turning on.
1. Power On your Samsung Smart TV.
2. If your TV is displaying dim or faint pictures.
3. Flash the torchlight towards the TV closer.
4. Now, if you find the pictures displaying in a dim or faded way, then your TV backlight is damaged.
5. You can change the backlight of the TV to fix the issue of the Samsung TV not turning on.
Restart Samsung TV
When you can’t turn on your TV, power cycling your Samsung TV will help you to fix the temporary issues. In most cases, a minor power glitch is the main reason that stops your TV from working. So power cycling will help your TV to cool down the system and start the mechanism again.
1. Switch off your Samsung TV and disconnect all connected wired devices from the TV.
2. Unplug the power cable from the socket and leave it for a few minutes.
3. Press and hold the power button on the TV panel for 30 seconds while your TV is turned off.
4. After a few minutes, plug the power cable into the power socket and switch it on.
5. Then, turn on the Samsung TV using the power button on the TV.
Reset your TV Remote
If the TV is getting a proper power supply (it will indicate through the stable standby red light), it’s time to check the remote you are using to turn on your TV. We can’t assume the issue is always with the TV, so reset your Samsung TV remote just by following the below simple steps.
1. Remove the batteries from the remote control.
2. While the batteries are removed, press the power button for 30 seconds.
3. Now, insert the batteries back and turn on your TV again.
Alternatively, you can also use the SmartThings app to control your TV.
Repair TV Hardware
When all of the above fixes fail, you need to look for the other faulty hardware parts on your TV. Trying to repair the hardware parts on a TV without a professional’s help may lead to end up with your TV with unresponsive. So you can contact the Samsung TV service center to repair your TV and fix the problem of the Samsung TV not turning on.
Alternative Ways to Solve the Issue
Still, if you can’t solve the issue of Samsung TV not turning On, you can contact customer support to get more ideas. If your Samsung TV was under the warranty period, you could claim the warranty to replace the damaged parts. If you’re lucky, you may get a brand-new Samsung TV as a replacement. Suppose your Samsung TV is older, and you cannot claim the warranty. You can buy the best Samsung TV on the market according to your usage.
It may happen because of an improper power supply to your TV.
Use a different HDMI cable to connect the device to your TV and plug the power cable of your TV tight and securely.
This may happen due to improper power supply when the TV is connected with a damaged or broken cable.
You can factory reset your Samsung TV using the physical button on the TV. If you can’t fix the issue still, you can contact customer support to get a clarified solution to fix the issue.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.