ITV Hub is a freemium streaming service where you can stream content like TV series, live channels, dramas, reality shows, sports, and more. Since ITV Hub is a Chromecast-compatible app, you can easily cast the content on a Chromecast-connected TV from your Smartphone or PC. By subscribing to ITV Hub premium on its official website, you can avoid the ads while streaming. The premium version of ITVX costs £5.99/month or £59.99/year.
Let us move on to the guide on how to cast ITV Hub (ITVX) content on TV using the Chromecast device.
How to Chromecast ITV Hub from Android Phone or iPhone
1. Set up a Chromecast device with your TV. Then, connect the smartphone and Chromecast-connected TV to the same WiFi.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
3. Sign in to your ITV account using the login details.
4. Play any video on the ITVX app.
5. Click the Cast icon at the top right corner.
6. Choose your Chromecast device to cast the video.
7. Enjoy streaming your favorite content on Chromecast-connected TV.
How to Chromecast ITV Hub from Windows or Mac
You can either use the Chrome browser or Edge browser on your Windows/Mac PC to cast the ITVX website on your TV.
Using Google Chrome
Before going into the steps, update the Chrome browser on your PC.
1. Visit the official website of ITVX from the Chrome browser on your PC.
2. Hit the Profile icon at the top and sign in to your ITVX account.
3. Right-click anywhere on the screen and select Cast.
4. Select your Chromecast device name from the list of devices.
5. Click the Sources drop-down and select the option Cast tab.
6. Within seconds, the website will appear on your TV. Play your desired video on the ITVX website and stream it on your Chromecast-connected TV.
Using Microsoft Edge
Make sure to update the Edge browser to the latest version before following the steps below.
1. Go to the official website of ITVX from the Edge browser.
2. Log In to your ITVX account using the required login details.
3. Once signed in, tap the three-horizontal dotted icon at the top-right.
4. From the menu, select More Tools and hit the option Cast media to device.
5. Select the name of your Chromecast device on the pop-up menu.
6. Then, tap the Cast tab option displayed under the Sources menu.
7. Now, the ITVX website can be seen on your Chromecast-connected TV.
8. Play any movie and watch it on your TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
When your smartphone and Chromecast-connected TV are connected to the same WiFi network or using an outdated ITV hub app. The cast icon will not appear if you have turned on the Data Saver and the Location option on your Android device.
If you can’t cast the ITV Hub app content on your Chromecast-connected TV, it might be due to the overloaded cache. Restart your Chromecast and the casting device. If the problem continues, update Chromecast and the ITVX app on your casting device.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.