Got your new Samsung TV? Excited to set up and step into the new world of entertainment experience? Before jumping into the process, ensure you’ve fixed the Samsung TV in a suitable location to start the setup procedure.
You must set up your Samsung TV from its initial stage to get all your entertainment needs. The process includes the basic settings like language, timezone, network connection, etc.
Once you have completed the setup process with your TV, you can stream your desired content on Samsung Smart TV using live TV, HDMI inputs, or by downloading your favorite apps.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
What’s Inside the Samsung TV Box
All Samsung TV models come with a standard package with some required tools like a stand, bolt, and more.
- 1 Samsung Smart TV
- 1 Power Cord
- 1 Remote
- 1 Wall mount or 2 Stand-Top (Table)
How to Set Up Samsung Smart TV for the First Time
If you have performed a factory reset on your Samsung TV, you can also follow the Samsung TV setup process mentioned below.
1. Unbox your Samsung TV carefully and pick out the remote and other attaching tools.
2. Insert the remote batteries, or recharge the remote using the USB-C cable.
3. Now, install the Samsung TV in your desired location.
4. Connect any of the wired things on your Samsung TV. If you need,
- One Connect Box
- Ethernet cable with router or modem
- Streaming devices/Gaming consoles
- Cable or Satelite boxes
5. Now, plug in the Power cable of the TV to the Power socket and turn On your Samsung TV.
6. Pair your TV remote by holding the Return and Play/Pause button simultaneously for a few seconds.
7. After pairing, choose your desired language using the navigational button on your remote control.
8. Now, you can choose between SmartThings App or Remote options in the setup menu.
Important Note: Proceed with the desired methods given below based on your choice to continue setting up Samsung TV with or without the remote.
How to Set Up Samsung TV Using Remote Control
Since every brand-new TV comes with a physical remote, you can proceed further with the setting up process using the remote by selecting the Remote Control option.
1. Choose the Remote Control option and connect your external devices like PS5, Firestick, or any other
2. Connect your Samsung TV to the internet using a wired or wireless connection.
3. After that, read the Smart Hub Terms and Conditions and select I Agree to All.
4. Now, the TV will look for recent software updates and install them on your TV.
5. Select Use Existing Account to sign in to your Samsung account or choose Create New Account to create a Samsung account.
6. Check out the additional features available for your Samsung account and select Agree or Skip.
7. If you are an existing Samsung user, check the Backup data option and select Back Up to get data from your old Samsung TV.
8. Once you have reviewed your TV settings, select any of the Voice Assistance services given below.
- Amazon Alexa
- Google Assistant
Note: You can also deactivate the Voice Assistant feature on your Samsung TV if you are not using it at any time later.
9. Log in to your favorite apps pre-installed on your Samsung TV to link the app with your TV.
10. Then add your favorite apps on the TV home screen and Start Watching TV.
How to Set Up Samsung TV Using SmartThings App
Instead of remote control, you can also set up your Samsung TV by using the SmartThings app on your smartphone. If you don’t have the app, install it from Play Store or App Store and log in using your Samsung account.
1. After selecting the Smartphone, scan the QR Code using the mobile device to open the SmartThings app.
2. On the app, click on the Start button, and the device will start finding your TV.
3. Once detected, enter the code displayed on the app displayed on your TV screen.
4. Connect your mobile to the WiFi and click on the I Agree to All button after reading the Smart Hub Terms and Conditions.
5. Rename your Samsung TV as you prefer and choose the Voice Assistant feature.
6. Click on Back up my data and proceed further by clicking the Next button.
7. Connect your external devices to your TV and turn it on.
8. Now, restore your data from the old TV and enter your country’s Zip Code.
9. Choose the apps to add to your TV and hit the Time Zone.
10. Click on the Start Watching TV and hit the Allow button on the TV to use your mobile as a remote.
Note: You can control your Samsung TV using the Virtual Remote control on the SmartThings app.
Yes, you can setup my Samsung TV without a remote using the SmartThings App.
No, a Samsung account is not necessary to use Samsung TV. But to access your Samsung TV features, you should sign in using a Samsung account.
You can create a Samsung Account on Samsung TV by navigating to All Settings and choosing General & Privacy. Select the System Manager and then Samsung Account. Finally, tap Create Account.
Yes, you can connect your Samsung Samsung TV to WiFi during the initial setup. Even otherwise, you can connect to a different WiFi at any time later.
Yes, you can setup my Samsung TV wirelessly by connecting to your desired WiFi connection.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.