- To Screen Mirror Android Devices to Samsung TV: Turn On your TV → Connect TV and Smartphone to same WiFi → Select the Content → Notification Panel → Screencast or SmartView → Select TV → Hit Allow on TV → Start Streaming.
- Screen Mirroring PC to Samsung TV: Connect Windows PC and TV to the same internet → Bluetooth and other device settings → Add device → Add Bluetooth or other devices → Wireless display or dock → Samsung TV → Click Allow on TV.
When you need to stream any content on your Samsung TV without installing the app, Screen Mirroring or AirPlay is the only option that makes it possible. Samsung TV comes with screen mirroring features on certain models launched after 2016. Using this feature, you can stream different content like photos, videos, or apps from your smartphone, tablet, or computer without any complicated setup or messy tangled wires.
In this article, we will guide you through how you can start screen mirroring Samsung TVs from different devices. Additionally, we have provided a possible way to screen mirror on older Samsung TVs.
How to Screen Mirror Android Device to Samsung Smart TV
1. First, turn on your Samsung Smart TV.
Information Use !!
Concerned about online trackers and introducers tracing your internet activity? Or do you face geo-restrictions while streaming? Get NordVPN - the ultra-fast VPN trusted by millions, which is available at 69% off + 3 Months Extra. With the Double VPN, Split tunneling, and Custom DNS, you can experience internet freedom anytime, anywhere.
2. Connect the Android device and Samsung Smart TV to the same WiFi connection.
3. Select the content you need to view on your Samsung Smart TV.
4. Navigate to the Notification Panel on your smartphone and select the Screencast or Screen Mirroring option.
Note: If you own a Samsung smartphone, you can see the Cast option as Smart View in the Notification Panel.
5. Choose your Samsung TV from the list of available devices.
6. Now, select the Start Now button on your mobile.
7. Click Allow from the popup received on your Samsung Smart TV.
8. Once you have enabled the permission, the content will start to mirror on your Samsung Smart TV.
How to Screen Mirror Windows PC to Samsung Smart TV
1. Connect your Windows PC to the same wireless network you used for your Samsung smart TV.
2. On your PC, click on the Start button and search for Bluetooth and other device settings.
3. Then, click on the Add device or Add Bluetooth or other devices option.
4. Now, select the Wireless display or dock and choose your Samsung TV name from the list.
5. Tap the Allow button on your TV to view your PC screen on the TV display.
How to Re-Pair the Removed Device from Screen Mirroring
If you previously denied permission for screen mirroring on your Samsung TV, you must remove your device from the Deny list to pair your mirroring device with the Samsung TV.
1. Turn on your Samsung Smart TV.
2. Connect your device and the TV with the same WiFi network.
3. On your Samsung TV, go to Settings and select the General option.
4. Navigate to External Connection Manager and choose Device Connection Manager.
5. Click on the Device List option and Allow the device you want to connect.
How to Screen Mirror to Samsung Smart TV using SmartThings App
If you own a Samsung TV model launched after 2016, you can take advantage of the SmartThings app to stream the content from your smartphone to the TV. Most modern Samsung Galaxy smartphones offer SmartThings as the preinstalled app. Apart from that, you can also download the SmartThings from the desired App Store on your device.
How to Mirror Smartphone to Samsung TV via SmartThings App
1. Connect your smartphone and Samsung TV with the same WiFi network.
2. Launch the SmartThings app and log in to your Samsung account.
3. Tap the + (plus icon) and hit the Add Device option.
4. Choose your TV from the list of available devices.
5. Now, go back to the home screen of the app and select your TV.
6. Tap the More option at the top right corner of the app.
7. Select the Mirror Screen(Smart View) option from the drop-down menu.
6. Tap on the Start Now button from the SmartThings app.
7. Now, hit the Allow option on the TV popup notification to share your mobile screen on your TV.
8. Once your mobile and TV have paired successfully, your mobile screen will start to display on your TV.
7. Finally, play the content that you need to stream on your big screen.
Screen Mirror to Samsung Smart TV Using Tap View
An additional advantage of using the SmartThings app is you can mirror your mobile screen on your TV without using any network or WiFi connection by using the Tap View option. To do this process successfully, your TV and SmartThings app should be connected already. Tap View options can be used only in the Samsung TVs manufactured in or above the year 2020. Before that, you need to enable the SmartView feature on your TV.
To Enable SmartView: Go to Settings → General → External Device Manager → Device Connect Manager → Allow your Device.
1. Open the SmartThings app on your device and log in if needed.
2. Click on the Menu icon from the home screen.
3. Hit the Settings option by selecting the gear icon.
4. Locate the Tap View option on the next page and enable it.
5. Now, gently tap your smartphone on the TV, and hit the Allow button on the TV to view the content displayed on your mobile.
Note: You can use the Tap View feature on all 2020 Samsung TV models except T4000, T4300, and T5300.
How to Mirror Smartphones on Samsung TV 2016 & Below Models
If your phone comes with a USB-C port, you can also try to mirror the content from your smartphone to the TV by using the Type-C to HDMI Cable. The things you need before starting with the procedure,
- Samsung TV with HDMI port
- USB-C to HDMI adapter
- HDMI Cable
1. First, connect the HDMI adapter from your TV to the HDMI port on the cable.
2. Now, connect the smartphone with the Type-C cable.
3. After connecting the cables between the TV and smartphone, turn on your TV.
4. Change the TV INPUT to HDMI and start screen mirroring on Samsung TV.
Is it Possible to AirPlay Content on Samsung Smart TV?
The simple answer is Yes. If you own a Samsung TV launched after 2018 & above, you can use the AirPlay feature to share content from your Apple device to your Samsung TV. Before AirPlay the content from your Apple device, ensure to enable the AirPlay feature on your Samsung Smart TV.
How to Fix Screen Mirroring Not Working on Samsung TV
If you are facing any issues like screen mirroring not working, buffering, or a black screen error on your Samsung TV while screen mirroring the content. You can follow the troubleshooting fixes listed below to fix the issues.
- Restart both devices and try screen mirroring again.
- Ensure that Samsung TV and smartphone are using the same WiFi.
- If your Samsung TV is not compatible with 5GHz, use a 2.4GHz network.
- Allow connecting permission to your device on Samsung TV.
- Update the firmware of your Samsung TV and smartphone to avoid compatibility issues.
- Reset your Samsung TV and smartphone.
If you can’t fix the issue after following the methods mentioned above, you can contact Samsung’s customer support page on its official website.
Yes, you can screen mirror your smartphone device on Samsung TV.
Yes. You can share the iPhone screen on your Samsung TV by enabling the AirPlay option on your Samsung Smart TV.
You can use the SmartThings app to cast the content from your Android device to the Samsung smart TV.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.