American Movie Classics, or AMC, is a streaming service that comprises popular movies and TV shows. If you use an Apple TV that runs on tvOS 13.0 or later, you can install the AMC app from the App Store. You need to use your TV Provider Credentials to access the content on the AMC app.
Alternatively, you can AirPlay the AMC videos on your Apple TV from your iOS device. You can also use live TV streaming apps that provide the AMC channel to stream the AMC content on your Apple TV.
AMC can be accessed only in the US. Users outside the US must use a VPN on Apple TV to bypass the geo-restrictions.
How to Get AMC on Apple TV
1. Turn On your Apple TV and connect it to a stable Internet connection.
2. Select the App Store on the Apple TV home screen.
3. Using the on-screen keyboard, type AMC and search for the app.
4. Pick the AMC app from the search results.
5. Click the Get button to install the app on Apple TV.
How to Activate & Watch AMC on Apple TV
1. Open the AMC app after installation.
2. An AMC activation code will be shown on the TV screen.
3. Note down the code and go to the AMC activation website (www.amc.com/activate/) from a browser on your PC/Smartphone.
4. Type the code on the box and select the Submit button.
5. Choose your TV provider and sign in using your TV provider credentials.
6. Now, the AMC app will be activated on your tvOS.
7. Play any content on the AMC app and stream it on a larger screen.
AMC: Supported TV Providers
- FiOS by Verizon
- AT&T U-Verse
How to AirPlay AMC on Apple TV
You can also AirPlay AMC videos on tvOS from your iPhone or iPad. To do it, you must connect the iPhone/iPad and Apple TV to the same WiFi.
1. Open the App Store on your iOS device and install the AMC app.
2. Launch the AMC app after installation and sign in to your account.
3. Play any video on the AMC app and hit the AirPlay icon on the player screen.
4. Choose your Apple TV from the devices list.
7. Within a few seconds, the video playing on the app will appear on your Apple TV.
How to Watch AMC on Apple TV Without Cable
Several live TV streaming apps offers the AMC channel with their subscription. If you have subscribed to any one of the below apps, use it to stream the AMC channel on Apple TV. All the apps listed below can be installed directly from the Apple TV App Store.
- Philo on Apple TV
- Hulu on Apple TV
- YouTube TV on Apple TV
- DirecTV Stream on Apple TV
- Sling TV on Apple TV
How to Fix AMC Not Working on Apple TV
The AMC app may not work sometimes, and you will find several problems while streaming the AMC content on your tvOS device. To resolve the not working issue, refer to the steps below.
- Poor Internet connectivity is the primary reason for the AMC app not working. To fix this problem, connect the Apple TV to a WiFi with higher Internet bandwidth.
- Close the AMC app. After some time, open the AMC app again.
- Update the Apple TV to the latest tvOS version.
- Check for the AMC app updates on the App Store. If an update is available, update the AMC app.
- Try rebooting your Apple TV.
- Finally, uninstall and reinstall the AMC app if none of the above steps work.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You must activate the AMC app to access its videos on tvOS.
You can stream AMC on Apple TV by installing live TV streaming applications like Philo, YouTube TV, etc.
You will face this problem if you have a poor internet connection or if the app is outdated. Check the Internet connection and update the app on Apple TV to resolve the issue.
Disclosure: If we like a product or service, we might refer them to our readers via an affiliate link, which means we may receive a referral commission from the sale if you buy the product that we recommended, read more about that in our affiliate disclosure.
- How to Change Language on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install and Activate Paramount Plus on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Download and Activate NBC on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Get DAZN on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Watch Philo on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Listen to Apple Music on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Fix Samsung TV Not Connecting to WiFi
- How to Enable & Use Sleep Timer on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Install Bally Sports on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Turn Off Voice Assistant on Samsung Smart TV